Saturday, August 24, 2013

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape: Review + Swatches

From the company:
This buildable, blendable blush hybrid provides the natural look of a cream blush with the long-lasting 14-hour hydrating color of a gel stain. Infused with 50% pure Coconut Water, it instantly hydrates while nourishing with the powerful benefits of Vitamin E-rich Argan Oil.  Like a refreshing sip of Coconut Water for your skin, this moisture-packed blush instantly drenches cheeks in a cool veil of color.

“Living on the beach in Oahu, I became a devotée of coconut water—and noticed that drinking lots of it seemed to make my skin and hair glow. I created Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée to bring that hydrating color to my face, and yours. Have a sip of coconut water for your face with this blush that's cool to the touch.” —Josie Maran 



I got this lovely blush for my birthday ( I've been lusting for this product as soon as it came out!) Pink Escape is described as a "cool toned pink" With dry skin, I lean towards cream and water/oil based blushes, as powders tend to accentuate my dry patches. Another thing I would like to mention is that this product contains argan oil. You can read my review on the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream that I still use to this day. It's a holy grail product for my skin. The great thing about this brand is that Josie Maran cosmetics is known for her eco-friendly products, with the headline "beauty with on conscience" 

All the cheek gelees come in a fancy glass like jar. Each cap matches the color of the blush. As shocking as Pink Escape looked in the jar, (a bright red), once swatches on my hands- it looked like a warm raspberry color. The product was sheer, but because it is so lightweight, its very buildable. Don't expect a high intense color payoff from this color, because this is suppose to give a natural color to the cheeks.

I love the texture, color and packing of this blush. It's also great to know the benefits of this product on my skin with the argan oil. 









Rate: A +


Available at Sephora $ 22 (0.18 oz) 

No comments:

Post a Comment